8th Model Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) 2017 in Myanmar
Applications are ongoing for the 8th Model Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) that will be held in conjunction with the 13th ASEM Foreign Ministers’ Meeting (ASEM FMM13) on 15-20 November 2017 in Yangon and Naypyidaw, Myanmar. Model ASEM is your first-hand introduction to the exciting world of diplomacy, negotiation and international relations. Being a simulation of the ASEM Foreign Ministers’ Meeting (ASEM FMM), at the Model ASEM you have the chance to step into the shoes of ASEM Foreign Ministers and along with other students, debate and exchange perspectives on current political and bi-regional issues.
The Model ASEM series organised by ASEF is unique as it takes place in conjunction with official ASEM FMMs and hence provides you with a golden opportunity to personally interact with your Foreign Minister and government officials and/or of other ASEM countries.
- Opportunity to interact with ASEM Foreign Ministers and Officials: You will have the rare chance to meet and interact with ASEM Foreign Ministers and Delegation members as well as with representatives of ASEM Diplomatic Missions and International Organisations.
- Diplomacy skills-training: Our renowned think-tank partners and experienced alumni will train you to master the skills of public speaking, negotiation, team-work, problem solving, policy, advocacy and consensus-building.
- Contribute to the ASEM Process: The outcomes of the 8th Model ASEM will contribute to the ASEM process and highlight the important role you’ve played in participating in the political dialogue between Asia and Europe.
There is no registration or participation fee. The organisers will provide participants with travel subsidies, accommodation and meals.
- Citizens of any of the 51 Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) Partner countries
- University students from all levels (undergraduate, graduate and doctoral) and all disciplines, between theages of 18-30, with a sincere interest in international relations
- The conference will be conducted in English only, and therefore requires strong verbal and written command of English by all participants
- Submit the online application here
ASEF and its partners follow the principle of equality, non-discrimination and equal opportunity and look for a good mixture of participants. All applicants will be screened fairly regardless of sex, race, religion, belief, marital status, sexual orientation and disability.
Deadline: September 3, 2017
http://youth-voice.com/8th-model-asia-europe-meeting-asem-2017-myanmar/https://i1.wp.com/youth-voice.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/op-1.jpg?fit=700%2C440https://i1.wp.com/youth-voice.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/op-1.jpg?resize=150%2C150ConferencesApplications are ongoing for the 8th Model Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) that will be held in conjunction with the 13th ASEM Foreign Ministers' Meeting (ASEM FMM13) on 15-20 November 2017 in Yangon and Naypyidaw, Myanmar. Model ASEM is your first-hand introduction to the exciting world of diplomacy, negotiation and international relations. Being...Youth VoiceYouth Voiceinfo@youth-voice.comEditorYouth Voice