Apply for the Bush Fellowship Program 2018
Applications are ongoing for the Bush Fellowship Program 2018. The Bush Fellowship is an investment in people who have a record of accomplishment and the potential to do even more for their community. Bush Fellows have shown extraordinary leadership and the ability to inspire those around them. They have a clear vision for what is possible in their community and what type of personal growth and development they need to make that vision a reality.
The Bush Fellowship is one way the Bush Foundation works to inspire and support creative problem solving — within and across sectors — to make our region better for everyone. Since 1965, Bush Fellowships have been awarded to more than 2,300 people across Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota and the 23 Native nations that share the same geography.
- The Bush Fellowship is awarded annually the Bush Fellowship to as many as 24 people from across our region. Bush Fellows receive a flexible grant of up to $100,000 which they can use to strengthen their leadership skills.
- You must be at least 24 years old at the time of the application deadline.
- You must be a resident who lives in Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota or one of the 23 Native nations that shares the same geography, for one continuous year immediately prior to the application deadline.
- You are ineligible if you have previously received a Bush Fellowship, Bush Artist Fellowship, Bush Leadership Fellowship, Bush Medical Fellowship or Enduring Vision Award.
- There are no specific citizenship requirements to be eligible for the Bush Fellowship. However, if a Fellow is not a U.S. citizen or resident alien, the Bush Foundation may be required to withhold income taxes on Fellowship payments and report such payments and withholdings to the Internal Revenue Service.
- The selection process is designed to benefit all applicants. Whether or not an applicant receives a Fellowship, the process provides an opportunity for them to reflect on their accomplishments and create a plan to achieve their aspirations.
- There are three main stages in the Bush Fellowship selection process:
- A preliminary selection committee of Foundation staff and previous Bush Fellows select up to 60 semifinalists in early December.
- They require applicants selected as semifinalists to provide more information about how they will use the Fellowship through a second stage application due January 3, 2018, phone interviews to take place in December, and reference checks. The Bush Foundation may conduct formal background and public records checks on applicants who are invited to move forward to the second phase of the application process.
- A final selection committee of Foundation staff will select up to 36 finalists in early February. We will assign each finalist a time for a half-day, in-person interview with the final selection committee in St. Paul, Minnesota on February 19, 22 or 26, 2018.
- Fellowship selection committees made up of community leaders and board members will select up to 24 Fellows.
- The online application system requires you to create an individual portal account.
- Visit the Portal Account Sign-In page and click “New User” to get started.
Deadline: September 14, 2017 at noon Central.
http://youth-voice.com/apply-bush-fellowship-program-2018/https://i1.wp.com/youth-voice.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/op-8.jpg?fit=700%2C440https://i1.wp.com/youth-voice.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/op-8.jpg?resize=150%2C150FellowshipsApplications are ongoing for the Bush Fellowship Program 2018. The Bush Fellowship is an investment in people who have a record of accomplishment and the potential to do even more for their community. Bush Fellows have shown extraordinary leadership and the ability to inspire those around them. They have...Youth VoiceYouth Voiceinfo@youth-voice.comEditorYouth Voice