Apply to the European Charlemagne Youth Prize 2017
Applications are now open for the 2017 European Charlemagne Youth Prize. European Parliament and the ‘Foundation of the International Charlemagne Prize of Aachen’ inviting young people from all EU Member States to submit projects run by and for youth showing an active participation in the development of Europe. The competition theme is EU development, integration and European identity issues.
The ‘European Charlemagne Youth Prize’ is awarded to projects, which:
- promote European and international understanding,
- foster the development of a shared sense of European identity and integration,
- serve as a role model for young people living in Europe and offer practical examples of Europeans living together as one community.
The projects can focus on the organisation of various youth events, youth exchanges or online projects with a European dimension.
- The prize for the best project is €7500, the second €5000 and the third €2500. As part of the prize
- Three European laureates are invited to visit the European Parliament in Brussels or Strasbourg.
- One representative of each of the 28 national winners is invited to Aachen for several days to attend several events, including the Youth Prize Award Ceremony, which always takes place two days before Ascension Day, the day on which the prestigious International Charlemagne Prize of Aachen is awarded.
- Your project will also receive lots of coverage through the European Parliament’s and the Foundation’s media channels.
The prizes for the best three projects will be presented by the President of the European Parliament and representatives of the Foundation of the International Charlemagne Prize of Aachen.
Your stay in Aachen will be a unique chance to meet and network with other dynamic young people from all over Europe, a platform to share your vision about Europe in front of European leaders and for many it will be the beginning of some long-lasting friendships with like-minded young people from all over Europe!
- Applicants must be between 16 and 30 years old and must be citizens or residents of one of the 28 member states of the European Union.
- Participants can apply, either individually or in groups; in the case of group and cross-border projects, the project can only be submitted in one country which is closely linked to the project.
- Applications in all official languages of the European Union are eligible.
The projects will be assessed according to the following principles:
- they must fulfil the objectives of the competition: promote European and international understanding; foster the development of a shared sense of European identity and offer practical examples of Europeans living together as one community
- priority will be given to projects created jointly by young people representing several member states
- attention will be given to projects carried out on a voluntary basis
- To apply, complete the online application form.
For more information regarding the competition please contact the European Charlemagne Youth Prize Secretariat at ECYP2017@ep.europa.eu
Deadline:30 January 2017
http://youth-voice.com/apply-european-charlemagne-youth-prize-2017/https://i2.wp.com/youth-voice.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/64023ee3-4385-44fc-a948-9b45289c5023_large.jpg.png?fit=700%2C440https://i2.wp.com/youth-voice.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/64023ee3-4385-44fc-a948-9b45289c5023_large.jpg.png?resize=150%2C150GrantsApplications are now open for the 2017 European Charlemagne Youth Prize. European Parliament and the ‘Foundation of the International Charlemagne Prize of Aachen’ inviting young people from all EU Member States to submit projects run by and for youth showing an active participation in the development of Europe. The...Youth VoiceYouth Voiceinfo@youth-voice.comEditorYouth Voice