Apply to FSC Youth Correspondent 2017 in Canada
Are you an environmentally-conscious, socially-aware journalism student? Are you passionate about the health of the planet’s environment and have an interest to communicate about it? Do you want to make a difference and engage the youth of today to care about the future of tomorrow?
Then join at the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) 8th General Assembly (GA) from 9 to 10 October 2017 in Vancouver (Canada) and report on the issues at the forefront of responsible forestry. Young people are at the centre of a sustainable future, and FSC is looking for a passionate youth correspondent who can engage their peers by covering this important event with originality, accuracy and inspiring reporting.
The FSC GA 2017 is FSC’s highest decision-making body. Eight hundred participants from 70 countries – representing social, economic and environmental interests from the Global North and South – will meet in Vancouver to discuss a sustainable future for the world’s forests and the people that inhabit them.
To ensure full coverage of the FSC GA 2017, roles and responsibilities for the youth correspondent could include:
- Writing, editing and feeding stories about the activities and outcomes of the FSC GA 2017, and its side events, into international, regional and local media networks and communities (ensuring equal regional media coverage).
- Attending events and roundtables in order to interview and profile key guests and delegates.
- Reporting throughout the event – getting comments and opinions from delegates that can be broadcast on various channels.
- Using a variety of tools and techniques to keep articles and other related work engaging – including taking photos and recording sound and video.
- Return flights on economy class to Vancouver
- Reimbursement of visa application fees
- Accommodation (sharing) in a hotel in Vancouver
- All meals and a small stipend will be provided
The ideal candidate should:
- Demonstrate excellent writing skills in English.
- Be enrolled in an accredited college or university pursuing a journalism/communications degree at the time of application. Students in forestry/environmental sciences related degrees with the above required writing skills are also encouraged to apply.
- Be between the ages of 18 to 26.
- Not be working as a professional journalist at the time of the event.
- Have a good working knowledge of English (Spanish, or additional languages desirable).
- Be available to travel on and around the dates of the FSC GA 2017 (9 to 13 October 2017).
- Be in possession of a valid passport, which does not expire before 31 October 2017.
- Not have any legal reasons to be denied a visa to enter Canada.
Application should include:
- CV or resume including full contact details, education, volunteer and working experience (max. 2 pages).
- A brief cover letter in English detailing why you want to be the FSC Youth Correspondent 2017 and how your experience would help you to achieve the deliverables (max. one page).
- Copies of, or links to, three examples of your work (articles, blog posts, videos etc.), preferably on environmental issues.
- Desirable: A letter supporting your application from a teacher, professor, mentor, professional journalist etc.
Please send all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘FSC Youth Correspondent 2017 application’ in the header, or post your application to:
FSC Youth Correspondent 2017 Application
53113 Bonn Deutschland / Germany
Deadline: July 14, 2017
http://youth-voice.com/apply-fsc-youth-correspondent-2017-canada/https://i2.wp.com/youth-voice.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Untitled-1-copy-2.jpg?fit=700%2C440https://i2.wp.com/youth-voice.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Untitled-1-copy-2.jpg?resize=150%2C150ProgramsAre you an environmentally-conscious, socially-aware journalism student? Are you passionate about the health of the planet’s environment and have an interest to communicate about it? Do you want to make a difference and engage the youth of today to care about the future of tomorrow? Then join at the Forest...Youth VoiceYouth Voiceinfo@youth-voice.comEditorYouth Voice