APYLP High School Leadership Conference 2018 in California, USA
The annual Asian Pacific Youth Leadership Project APYLP offers leadership conferences for Asian Pacific youth in the state of California interested in developing their leadership potential and pursuing active community and public service.
The annual Asian Pacific Youth Leadership Project (APYLP) conference provides a select group of 50 Asian and Pacific Islander seniors and juniors from public, private and charter high schools throughout California with a unique opportunity to gain first-hand knowledge of the legislative process, community leadership, and political activism.
APYLP was established in 1990 to build new foundations for Asian Pacific Islander (API) youth to become involved in community and public service in California.
- During the four-day, three-night conference, students will participate in a Mock Legislature at the State Capitol that includes the election of peer legislative leaders, lively debate of current issues through the introduction of legislation, and the lobbying of bills during committee hearings and the Senate floor session.
- Additionally, small group workshops facilitated by Asian Pacific legislative staff, community activists, and business leaders will assist students in developing their leadership and public speaking skills, enhance their cultural awareness and identity, and explore the richness and diversity of Asian and Pacific Islander communities in California.
- There is no cost to students accepted to the high school leadership conference
- Through its fundraising efforts and generous sponsorships, APYLP pays all costs for travel, lodging, meals, and conference materials for all students selected to participate in the conference.
- Although any California junior or senior year high school student may apply, APYLP strongly encourages applications from Asian and Pacific Islander youth who have some leadership experience and especially from students who show leadership potential, but whose participation in programs such as APYLP may have been hindered in the past by economic, geographic, language, or other factors.
- The conference program is designed specifically for Asian and Pacific Islander youth to learn more about themselves, issues of importance to their communities, and how to empower their leadership potential through the political process, public service and community service.
- Participants in past conferences have been representative of the rich cultural, racial, multiracial, linguistic, and socio-economic diversity of Asian and Pacific Islander communities from urban, suburban and rural areas throughout California.
Deadline: October 25, 2017
http://youth-voice.com/apylp-high-school-leadership-conference-2018-california-usa/https://i0.wp.com/youth-voice.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/lo-6.jpg?fit=700%2C440https://i0.wp.com/youth-voice.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/lo-6.jpg?resize=150%2C150ConferencesThe annual Asian Pacific Youth Leadership Project APYLP offers leadership conferences for Asian Pacific youth in the state of California interested in developing their leadership potential and pursuing active community and public service. The annual Asian Pacific Youth Leadership Project (APYLP) conference provides a select group of 50 Asian and...Youth VoiceYouth Voiceinfo@youth-voice.comEditorYouth Voice