Call for Entries: Global Pluralism Award 2019
The Global Centre for Pluralism invites entries for the Global Pluralism Award 2019. The Global Pluralism Award is a program that aims to recognize individuals, businesses, organizations, and governments who are tackling the challenge of living peacefully and productively with diversity. Beyond public recognition and a monetary prize, the Award aims to raise the profile of pluralism champions globally, inspire action and motivate a broader community to innovate in their respective fields of practice.
The Global Pluralism Award recognizes pluralism in action. It celebrates the extraordinary achievements of organizations, individuals and governments who are tackling the challenge of living peacefully and productively with diversity.
Pluralism is not simply diversity. Pluralism is a principle of respect for human diversity. A commitment to pluralism requires that diversity is protected and valued. Human differences become understood as a source of common good and an engine of social and economic innovation.
- Each winner will receive $50,000 CAD to further their work
- The Award will be presented in 2019 at the international headquarters of the Global Centre for Pluralism in Ottawa, Canada.
- Eligible nominees from all countries are eligible, including:
- individuals (e.g. artists, journalists, academics, policy-makers, filmmakers, etc.);
- civil society organizations (e.g. professional associations, faith-based organizations, labour unions, non-profit research or educational institutions, local community groups, non-governmental organizations, foundations, think tanks, etc.);
- social enterprises;
- educational, research and policy institutions (public or private);
- local/municipal, regional or federal/national branches of governments, etc.
- Nominees must be living. The Award cannot be given posthumously.
- Nominees must not be an agency or employee of any of the Centre’s founding partners, namely the Government of Canada and the Aga Khan Development Network.
- Nominees must not be members of the jury, the Centre’s Board or staff or a consultant receiving remuneration from the Centre at the time of nomination. Close relations and organizations owned or operated by the jury, Screening Committee, the Centre’s Board members and staff are also non-eligible.
- Individuals and organizations nominated for the Award must not have been found guilty of committing violent crimes, terrorism, or other criminal activities; or have publicly held extremist views
- Nominees must demonstrate remarkable and sustained achievement in any of the wide range of disciplines related to pluralism. These disciplines include:
- legal reform
- human rights
- democracy promotion,
- social cohesion
- ethnic relations
- conflict resolution
- migration and integration
Please note that the above is not an exhaustive list.
Deadline: April 30, 2018.
http://youth-voice.com/call-entries-global-pluralism-award-2019/https://i2.wp.com/youth-voice.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/awad.png?fit=770%2C402https://i2.wp.com/youth-voice.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/awad.png?resize=150%2C150AwardsThe Global Centre for Pluralism invites entries for the Global Pluralism Award 2019. The Global Pluralism Award is a program that aims to recognize individuals, businesses, organizations, and governments who are tackling the challenge of living peacefully and productively with diversity. Beyond public recognition and a monetary prize, the...Youth VoiceYouth Voiceinfo@youth-voice.comEditorYouth Voice