Call for Entries: Unilever Young Entrepreneurs Awards 2017
Applications are ongoing to the Unilever Young Entrepreneurs Awards 2017. The Unilever Young Entrepreneurs Awards can help you take your sustainability initiative, product or service to the next level.
We are living in a world where temperatures are rising, water shortages are more frequent, food supplies are increasingly scarce and the gap between rich and poor is increasing. Populations are growing fast, making basic hygiene and sanitation even more of a challenge.
We can overcome these challenges and build a bright future for everyone, if we work together. But to do this, the world needs a plan. Unilever is looking for innovative and scalable technologies or initiatives that are contributing to one or more of these four categories:
- Farm to Table: In this category, they are looking for inspiring entrepreneurs who are working on sustainable initiatives relating to food and drink production right through to consumption.
- Opportunities for Women: They are seeking initiatives that help to tackle the discrimination and disadvantages millions of women face around the world. You might be working to help provide access to skills and training for women, and creating opportunities for women to actively, safely and fairly participate in the economy.
- Waste: Are there entrepreneurs out there with ingenious initiatives that help to tackle waste – to reduce, reuse or recycle waste throughout the pre-production, production and consumption lifecycle? Initiatives should demonstrate a clear business (financial), consumer (benefit), social and environmental case.
- Water: Are you working on an initiative that tackles water scarcity, or one that addresses water pollution or sanitation and hygiene issues? They are looking for solutions that conserve or reduce the amount of water used across communities, or during the extraction or cultivation of raw materials or through manufacturing processes.
The Unilever Young Entrepreneurs Awards will recognise up to eight winners in 2017. Two finalists in each of the four categories will be selected from a video interview process and invited to an Accelerator Programme in Cambridge, where they will work with experts from the Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership, Unilever and other guest experts.
A winner will be selected out of each of the four categories. Those category winners will go forward to pitch to a guest judging panel who will then decide on the overall winner of the 2017 competition. The overall winner will receive the ‘HRH The Prince of Wales Young Sustainability Entrepreneur Prize.’
All will attend a special prize event hosted in London.
- The winner of the ‘HRH The Prince of Wales Young Sustainability Entrepreneur Prize’ will receive a €50,000 cash award and one-to-one mentoring support tailored to their specific needs for a duration of 12 months.
- The category winners will receive a €10,000 cash award and one-to-one mentoring support tailored to their specific needs for a duration of 12 months.
- The category finalists will receive a €7,000 cash award and one-to-one mentoring support tailored to their specific needs for a duration of 12 months.
- The competition is open to founders or co-founders, aged between 18 and 35 (as of 30 June 2017), of initiatives from any part of the world with the exception of those based in Russia, due to local data protection laws.
- Initiatives must relate to one or more of the categories: Farm to Table, Opportunities for Women, Waste and Water.
- Entries must have grown beyond the conceptual stage to include actions the applicant has already taken – whether through informal networks, via an existing institution, or by creating a new enterprise.
- Entries cannot be accepted from current Unilever employees, nor can entries promote Unilever or its products, however, the entrepreneur may have worked with Unilever in the past or may be working with Unilever currently as a third party supplier.
- Entries must be submitted in English.
- Entrants must be available to attend the Accelerator Programme in Cambridge from Friday 27th October, and subsequent events in London the following week.
To submit your entry, you’ll need to create a profile and complete the application form. You’ll need to tell all about your initiative’s story so far, and your vision for its future. The more you can share, the better.
Deadline: June 30, 2017.
http://youth-voice.com/call-entries-unilever-young-entrepreneurs-awards-2017/https://i1.wp.com/youth-voice.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Doctor-Sara-2016-Unilever-Sustainable-Living-Young-Entrepreneurs-Awards-winner.jpg?fit=700%2C440https://i1.wp.com/youth-voice.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Doctor-Sara-2016-Unilever-Sustainable-Living-Young-Entrepreneurs-Awards-winner.jpg?resize=150%2C150AwardsApplications are ongoing to the Unilever Young Entrepreneurs Awards 2017. The Unilever Young Entrepreneurs Awards can help you take your sustainability initiative, product or service to the next level. We are living in a world where temperatures are rising, water shortages are more frequent, food supplies are increasingly scarce and the...Youth VoiceYouth Voiceinfo@youth-voice.comEditorYouth Voice