Call for Applications: Country Director for International Youth Society
Applications are ongoing for the positions of Country Director, Deputy Country Director and Assistant Country Director for International Youth Society . The positions aim to recognize exceptional young leaders in the world who are leaders in the effort to contribute to a better future for young people.
International Youth Society is a youth-led organization which called Global Family for Youth that empowers students and young professionals to create ‘positive change’ in their local communities and around the world. It provides unique opportunities that assist to young people in becoming the business and professional leaders of tomorrow.
Through International Youth Society around the world, young people take action through community and international service to create sustainable solutions to local and global challenges, connect with the global community to expand professional networks, exchange ideas with leaders, and cultivate lifelong friendship around the world, develop skills to become community and global leaders, and have fun while recognizing the importance of Change Through Coalition.
The IYS Country Director is a senior member of the International Youth Society will serve as official Representative for IYS in his/her country. The Director provides technical and leadership to IYS Country Team(IYSCT). The primary responsibility of the Country Director is to ensure successful of the IYS with the youth communities at the national level.
Position title: Country Director , Deputy Country Director and Assistant Country Director Category: National Level: D Duration: 2 Years term (renewable once based on performance ) Supervisor/Report to: Zonal Director/IYSSecretariat Job type: Voluntary Service (VS) Part-Time
As a Country Director and in collaboration with a core group, you will have the chance to:
- Create and coordinate activities that will allow you to work toward improving young people’s perception of youth development in the home country.
- Make National Chapter/Branch and National Committee.
- Give appointment to active and talent young people as Youth Ambassador in every city, state, district, college and university, who’ll make local chapter/branch and local committee.
- Get full scholarship in registration fees for IYS’s international events worldwide as Country Director and 50% scholarship as Deputy Country Director(condition apply).
- Help Young Professionals (YP’s) reach their full potential in agricultural development by being the voice of IYS and representing the Country members of the community at a national and global scale.
- Work on youth-related issues in own country and link these efforts with regional initiatives.
- Network and maintain relationships or partnerships with stakeholders and other youth organizations.
- Have a great asset for your CV as IYS is supported by many partner organizations.
- Connect and get to know other CD’s and YP’s – not just at the National level but also globally.
- Contribute to the youth development in the world.
- Represent your home country at IYS’s international events and travel in different countries on behalf of IYS.
- Develop the youths skills, knowledge and attitude to take a leadership roles.
- Share ideas and insights at IYS’s events to bring a positive contribution on your respective home country.
- Motive other young fellows to be a change maker.
- Discover your voice and realize your ability.
- Identify own leadership strength on international level.
- Understand the importance of credibility and living fundamental values
- Identify and try new approaches needed for growth.
- Bring an impact through your amazing work
- Be part of one of World’s youth-led movements, a wide community of young leaders working towards sustainable development.
- Opportunity to work and connect with professionals, relevant institutions and young people in your country and abroad, while widening your personal and professional network.
- Certificate of recognition for the completed term of the director role and many title awards.
IYS Promotion Activities:
• Give a presentation, remarks, and speeches at the country level.
• Liaison with the government and local authorities to promote IYS values, mission, and vision.
• Develop a proactive marketing strategy to ensure that all entities are aware of IYS activities with the support of Communications Officer and other country team members.
• Effectively engage in youth community activities, projects, and initiatives.
IYS country team (IYSCT) comprises national volunteer officers that are responsible for facilitation of IYS activities at country level. The Director is responsible for establishing and leading this team to serve as a cooperative and interactive unit. Team development and leadership is, therefore, an important component of the IYSCT.
• Actively engage in Fundraising Activities, through strategic partnerships and public engagement activities and initiatives.
• Coordinate member organizations/Associations accreditation at IYS, through assist in connecting youth organizations with IYS for registration.
• Liaison with donors – In close coordination with the Zonal/Regional Director and secretariat, the Director will maintain close cooperation with the donor representatives in the country. She/he will work closely together to develop proposals and secure funding to ensure on-going IYS functions.
• Maintain active communication among youth organizations and other interested agencies in at national level.
• Report youth achievements, success stories, youth progressing and related news to HQ press.
• Provide annual report about IYS country activities, stats, member organizations.
*Regional Monitor and evaluation process (RM&E):
The Zonal Directors and the Executive Board review the Country Directors’ annual reports. If the Country Director do not meet their responsibilities, the Zonal Director or the Executive Board can offer suggestions. If problems continue, the Country Director can be put on notice that they may be asked to step down. If, after being put on notice, the level of effort and activity does not improve, with the approval of the IYS Secretariat the Zonal Coordinators can ask the Country Director to resign.
- Strategic planning and creative thinking.
- Planning and Organizing.
- Drive for Results.
- Collaboration and Teamwork.
- Leadership, Advocacy, Engagement, and Influence.
- Ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management, and reporting.
- Ability to lead and manage corporate strategic initiatives.
- Excellent computer, internet, social media and information system skills.
- Only (20-40) age is accepted for this position.
- Be a citizen of the assigned country.
- Highly interest in youth empowerment, youth issues.
- Ability to interact cordially and communicate with a diverse community.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations quickly, accurately and effectively.
- Experience and results preferred at national level preferred in youth empowerment role, development, communications, international relations, youth studies, sport, youth-led organizations or another relevant field.
- Fluency in English with superior drafting skills is essential.
- Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by a competency-based interview.
Andorra, Angola, Anguilla, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Bahrain, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bermuda, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Canada, Cayman Islands, Chile, Hong Kong, Democratic Republic of Congo, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Estonia, Fiji, Finland, France, French Guiana, Gabon, Gambia, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, Iceland, Indonesia, Iran, Israel and the Occupied Territories, Italy, Kazakhstan, North Korea, South Korea, Kosovo, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Maldives, Mayotte, Mexico, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Montserrat, Mozambique, Namibia, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Norway, Oman, Pacific Islands, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Reunion, Romania, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Seychelles, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Spain, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Tajikistan, Thailand, Netherlands, Timor Leste, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Turks & Caicos Islands, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Virgin Islands (UK), Virgin Islands (US),
Interested applicants are encouraged to send CV/ Resume(include Facebook/Linkedin Profile URL), one of official photograph to email@example.com “Ref: Country Director (Country Name)” in the subject until January 15, 2020.
If you have questions, please contact at firstname.lastname@example.org or www.internationalyouthsociety.org . Organizers are looking forward to your application!
Deadline: January 15, 2020.http://youth-voice.com/call-for-applications-country-director-for-international-youth-society/http://youth-voice.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/34.pnghttp://youth-voice.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/34-150x150.pngUncategorisedApplications are ongoing for the positions of Country Director, Deputy Country Director and Assistant Country Director for International Youth Society . The positions aim to recognize exceptional young leaders in the world who are leaders in the effort to contribute to a better future for young people. Overview: International Youth Society is a...Youth VoiceYouth Voiceinfo@youth-voice.comEditorYouth Voice