Call for Submission: ICT for Mountain Development Award 2017
On the occasion of the World Environment Day (WED) 2017, ICIMOD is pleased to launch the ‘ICT for Mountain Development Award’ that recognizes innovations in information and communications technology for Development (ICTD) that can help promote mountain development and environmental conservation.
Although ICT for Development is increasingly being used across the world, including in some parts of the Hindu Kush Himalayan region (HKH), ICIMOD do not yet have a comprehensive picture of its use, application and proliferation in the mountain context of HKH. The annual ICT for Mountain Development Award would allow ICIMOD and others working in this area to learn where, how and what is being done in the region in terms of ICT and mountain development.
- To recognize innovations in ICT for Development that can promote mountain development and environmental conservation;
- To identify key institutions and practitioners working in ICT for Development and help build partnerships through ICIMOD’s regional programmes;
- To showcase and share innovative work being done in the interest of mountain communities.
Awards will be given in a number of categories. For this year, there will be awards in the current four thematic work areas of ICIMOD:
- Water and air
- Ecosystem services and
- Geospatial solutions.
There could also be other categories such as ‘audience choice award’ and/or ‘special mentions award’. While the applicants are required to choose one of the broad categories, including ‘others’, they can focus on a specific work area while making the submission, e.g., mountain agriculture, disaster management, forestry, environment, mountain tourism, open data, inclusion, etc. The same work cannot be submitted in multiple categories.
- Open to anyone residing in any part of the world as long as the project case/work is relevant to the context of HKH.
- Individuals, entrepreneurs, development practitioners and institutions are all eligible to submit their work.
- Awards will be given based on the content and creativity of the submissions. The chief criteria is that such ICT for Development initiatives have been applied in the HKH region, have a clear focus on mountain development or mountain environment, and have made an impact on the ground.
- All forms of ICT (mobile, radio, Internet, digital content, blogs, robotics, multimedia, etc.) are eligible for submission.
- Applicants will have to submit their work electronically through a web-based interface. Applications will accepted till 30 November 2017.
- The winners/awardees will be announced on International Mountain Day (IMD), 11 December 2017.
Deadline: November 30, 2017.
http://youth-voice.com/call-submission-ict-mountain-development-award-2017/https://i2.wp.com/youth-voice.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/lo-2.jpg?fit=700%2C440https://i2.wp.com/youth-voice.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/lo-2.jpg?resize=150%2C150AwardsOn the occasion of the World Environment Day (WED) 2017, ICIMOD is pleased to launch the ‘ICT for Mountain Development Award’ that recognizes innovations in information and communications technology for Development (ICTD) that can help promote mountain development and environmental conservation. Although ICT for Development is increasingly being used across...Youth VoiceYouth Voiceinfo@youth-voice.comEditorYouth Voice