Call for Submissions: Wimmel Research Fellowship 2016 in Germany
The WimmelResearch-Fellowship will be awarded as part of a joint project between Robert Bosch GmbH, Akademie Schloss Solitude and Wimmelforschung. The purpose of the fellowship is to support encounters as well as interdisciplinary exchange in the context of science, economy and art. The collaboration’s aim is not the production of a specific artistic work, but the encounter and the process of intercommunication itself.
- The funding period amounts to maximal 3 months
- A stipend amounting to Euro 1,150 monthly (plus one-time expenses incurred by the fellowship holder travelling to and from Stuttgart from his or her primary place of residence)
- If applicable, a project-related budget for the realization of a project
- A combined apartment studio, furnished with electricity, water and heat free of charge
- For the duration of the fellowship the respective artist in her or his role as agent will be mentored by Wimmelforschung and Akademie Schloss Solitude.
The WimmelResearch-Fellowship addresses artists coming from the disciplines of architecture, visual arts, performing arts, design, literature and time-based media, who have a serious interest in interdisciplinary exchange.
- Individuals can apply for a fellowship. Persons up to 35 or if older who have completed a university or college degree within the past five years are welcome to apply. Several fellowships are also awarded regardless of the applicant’s age. Currently enrolled university or college students (at the time of application) will not be considered for selection
- The fellowship is a residence fellowship; continuous daily presence (Mo-Fr) on Platform 12 is mandatory
- Prior to the fellowship there is minimum one-day attendance mandatory for orientation as well as a first meeting with Wimmelforschung and Robert Bosch GmbH in Stuttgart and an interview before and after the fellowship
- Good language skills in English are essential, language skills in German are favored
The application is made online. Submitted material should include:
- A concept text (max. 1 Din A4 page)
- A motivation letter (max. 1 Din A4 page)
- A short biography and informative portfolio or documentation on previous artistic work
All documents should be sent exclusively in PDF format via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: September 1, 2016.
http://youth-voice.com/call-submissions-wimmel-researchfellowship/https://i2.wp.com/youth-voice.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/akademie.jpg?fit=800%2C534https://i2.wp.com/youth-voice.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/akademie.jpg?resize=150%2C150FellowshipsThe WimmelResearch-Fellowship will be awarded as part of a joint project between Robert Bosch GmbH, Akademie Schloss Solitude and Wimmelforschung. The purpose of the fellowship is to support encounters as well as interdisciplinary exchange in the context of science, economy and art. The collaboration’s aim is not the production...Youth VoiceYouth Voiceinfo@youth-voice.comEditorYouth Voice