CREATE DAV Summer School 2018 on Big Data Science in Toronto, Canada
Applications are open for the CREATE DAV Summer School 2018 which taking July 3-6, 2018 at York University in Toronto. The multi-institutional, interdisciplinary CREATE Program in Data Analytics and Visualization (DAV) at York University in Toronto offers an all-expenses-paid undergraduate summer school on big data science.
The program includes talks by CREATE DAV faculty and industry experts on current research topics in big data science, as well as hands-on experience in York and OCAD U laboratories. The curriculum reflects the wide range of research areas at CREATE DAV, which includes research on machine learning, data mining, signal processing, computer vision, image processing, computer graphics, virtual human modeling, serious games, natural language processing, human perception & cognition, visualization & design.
The program accepts undergraduate students who are interested in pursuing a career a career in the big data science. It is intended mainly for students who are planning to apply to graduate school in late 2018, and are interested in investigating interdisciplinary research aspects of the big data science. Citizens of all countries are eligible.
- The program covers all transportation costs, and provides on-campus accommodations and meals.
- Open to undergraduates around the world, but anyone who is considering applying to a master’s or Ph.D. program can apply.
- Big data science and visualization is a highly interdisciplinary field, and anyone with a strong interest in pursuing graduate studies in the subject is encouraged to apply.
- Admission is competitive, and most of our attendees have GPA’s in the A range. However, other strengths such as laboratory experience or excellent quantitative skills can make up for average grades.
The application package consists of the following:
- A Completed Online Application Form
- A Reference Letter, which should be sent from a referee directly to CREATE DAV Program. In your letter, describe how you know the applicant, their prospects for an academic career, and how they would benefit from attending the summer school.
Reference letters can be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Irina Kapsh, CREATE DAV Program, York University, 4700 Keele Street, LAS 1012J, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M3J 1P3. Please ensure that your letter arrives by April 9, 2018.
Deadline: March 26, 2018.
http://youth-voice.com/create-dav-summer-school-2018-big-data-science-toronto-canada/https://i0.wp.com/youth-voice.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/gg.png?fit=770%2C402https://i0.wp.com/youth-voice.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/gg.png?resize=150%2C150ConferencesApplications are open for the CREATE DAV Summer School 2018 which taking July 3-6, 2018 at York University in Toronto. The multi-institutional, interdisciplinary CREATE Program in Data Analytics and Visualization (DAV) at York University in Toronto offers an all-expenses-paid undergraduate summer school on big data science. The program includes talks...Youth VoiceYouth Voiceinfo@youth-voice.comEditorYouth Voice