Google AI Residency Program 2018 in California, USA
Applications are ongoing for the The Google AI Residency Program 2018. Google AI Residency Program — previously known as the Google Brain Residency Program — is a 12-month research training role designed to jumpstart or advance your career in machine learning research. Residents will have the opportunity to work alongside distinguished scientists and engineers from various research teams.
The Brain Residency Program was created in 2015 with the goal of training and supporting the next generation of deep learning researchers. With deep learning and other machine learning subfields fast becoming a critical area for a broad range of applications, people from a wide range of disciplines are beginning to realize the importance and impact of this area of research. With growing interest in the field, there is a corresponding need for researchers with hands-on experience in machine learning techniques and methodologies.
Since launch, we have welcomed two cohorts of Residents, and we’re now expanding the program’s scope to a broader group of teams doing machine learning research. By drawing on Google’s state-of-the-art resources and research experience, we provide Residents on the program the skills that will enable them to tackle some of the world’s greatest machine learning challenges.
- Learn and understand a large body of research in deep learning and/or machine learning algorithms.
- Work with research mentors to formulate research project(s) and/or novel application(s) of machine learning.
- Conduct research and publish it in competitive venues.
- Implement algorithms in TensorFlow.
- Minimum qualifications:
- BA/BS degree in a STEM field such as Computer Science, Mathematics or Statistics, or equivalent practical experience.
- Completed coursework in calculus, linear algebra, and probability, or their equivalent.
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages, including but not limited to: C/C++ or Python
- Experience with machine learning or deep learning, applications of machine learning to NLP, computer vision, speech, systems, robotics, algorithms, optimization, on-device learning, social networks, economics, information retrieval, journalism, or health care.
- Preferred qualifications:
- Research experience in machine learning or deep learning (e.g., links to open-source work or link to novel learning algorithms).
- Strong open-source project experience that demonstrates programming, mathematical, and machine learning abilities and interest.
- Prepare the following documents to complete your application :
- Current CV (including links to GitHub, papers and/or blogs if applicable).
- Cover letter including a statement on why you think you’d be great for the Google AI Residency Program.
- Transcripts from your most recent degree.
- You will required to provide a Letter of Recommendation once you have passed an initial review. If so, please have your recommender submit their letter to email@example.com.
- Applications are accepted until January 8th, 2018.
- Interviews (phone, video, and/or on-site) will primarily take place from mid-January to March 2018.
- Application results will be finalized by end of March 2018.
- The program will start in summer 2018 and run for 12 months.
http://youth-voice.com/google-ai-residency-program-2018-california-usa/http://youth-voice.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/lo-7.jpghttp://youth-voice.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/lo-7-150x150.jpgProgramsApplications are ongoing for the The Google AI Residency Program 2018. Google AI Residency Program — previously known as the Google Brain Residency Program — is a 12-month research training role designed to jumpstart or advance your career in machine learning research. Residents will have the opportunity to work...Youth VoiceYouth Voiceinfo@youth-voice.comEditorYouth Voice