HIIG Fellowship 2018– Internet and Society in Germany
In 2018, the Alexander von Humboldt Institute for Internet and Society (HIIG) once again opens its doors for fellow scholars! HIIG are looking for individuals from diverse backgrounds and professional experiences who want to contribute to the range of the institute’s trans-disciplinary internet research. HIIG particularly encourage early stage researchers to apply. HIIG offer fellowships that range from a minimum of 3 months to a maximum of 12 months wit
The international HIIG Fellowship “Internet and Society” offers a unique opportunity for innovative thinkers who wish to engage in the exchange of research experiences and to set up new initiatives. Based in the heart of Berlin, the HIIG provides a dynamic intellectual environment for fellows to pursue their own research interests and actively shape their stay.
The HIIG offers accepted fellows a waiver for all mandatory fees. Fellows may use our facilities free of charge during their stay. However, fellows are expected to bring their own funding from their home institution or outside grants. They must take care of accommodation, insurance, childcare, and transportation arrangements. In special cases, fellows can apply for a travel grant of up to 700 Euros and a visa subsidy of up to 200 Euros.
- writing and publishing papers in one of our open access publications
- commenting on current developments in your field in form of HIIG Blog posts
- holding presentations in one of our Lunch Talks
- organising expert workshops with your peers
- engaging in joint activities and projects with other fellows
- Master’s degree, PhD in process/planned (Junior Fellow) OR
- Advanced PhD, post-doctoral researcher (Senior Fellow)
- Fluency in English; command of German is appreciate
- Research experience and a research project of your own that you want to pursue
Required Application Documents:
- Up-to-date curriculum vitae
- Motivation letter explaining your interest in the HIIG Fellowship, research background, and your expectations (1 page)
- Research outline including a) your project and how it responds to one of the key areas, b) the specific work you propose to conduct during the fellowship, c) deliverables, products or outcomes you aim to produce (max. 3 pages)
- Optional: one writing or work sample covering internet research (in English or German)
All application materials must be submitted electronically via the online application form in the website. Please review the information carefully before applying. If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Deadline: October 01, 2017
http://youth-voice.com/hiig-fellowship-2018-internet-society-germany/https://i1.wp.com/youth-voice.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/08.jpg?fit=700%2C440https://i1.wp.com/youth-voice.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/08.jpg?resize=150%2C150FellowshipsIn 2018, the Alexander von Humboldt Institute for Internet and Society (HIIG) once again opens its doors for fellow scholars! HIIG are looking for individuals from diverse backgrounds and professional experiences who want to contribute to the range of the institute’s trans-disciplinary internet research. HIIG particularly encourage early stage...Youth VoiceYouth Voiceinfo@youth-voice.comEditorYouth Voice