International Capacity Building Workshop on Green Growth in Malaysia
Applications are ongoing to the International Capacity Building Workshop on Green Growth from 19th – 23rd July 2017(tentative) at Melaka, Malaysia as a follow up to the International Workshop on Climate Change organized in May 2015.
This International Capacity Building Workshop on Green Growth is a unique platform created to foster dialogue where youth advocates and representatives from NGOs, Civil Society Organisations (CSOs), UN agencies, academia, corporate agencies, and related stakeholders share experiences and good practices as well as to provide an opportunity to create partnerships with youth organizations for an inclusive green economy to achieve the SDGs and the 2030 Agenda.
Objectives of the Workshop:
- To strengthen knowledge and awareness of young leaders in green growth policies, to support the implementation of the post-2015 development agenda with special reference to SDG2, SDG6, SDG7,SDG8, SDG11 SDG12, ,SDG13, SDG14, SDG15 and SDG17.
- To train young leaders in development and application of green growth programmes, strategies, and provide them the necessary tools to undertake programmes in their own settings.
- To create partnerships with youth organizations for an inclusive green economy to achieve the SDGs and the 2030 Agenda
- A platform to inspire others by sharing their knowledge, best practices and lessons learned on breaking down silos and deploying inclusive green economy frameworks to develop integrated approaches to sustainable development.
Selected participants will undergo intense training by qualified trainers which will consist of using “The Hive” model. “The Hive” model will directly engage workshop participants in a collaborative and interactive manner to learn about key concepts of project planning and implementation.
- Young people between the age of 18-32 (limited spaces are available for those above the age of 32 years as Observers);
- Officials of the Ministry of Youth and Sports, Ministry of Energy, Green Technology and Water; or related government agencies;
- Representatives from Non-Government Organizations, Civil Society Organizations, multilateral organizations, institutions of higher learning, corporate bodies or related stakeholders;
- Proficient in English and able to do presentations in English, is a must;
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrate strong leadership abilities, perseverance, have strong integrity committed, passionate in fostering change;
- Capable and willing to share experiences and resources with others in the community and contribute to the follow-up process;
- Willing and being able to participate actively for the whole duration of the event;
- Geographical and gender balance will be respected.
Deadline: June 30, 2017
http://youth-voice.com/international-capacity-building-workshop-green-growth/https://i0.wp.com/youth-voice.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Untitled-1-copy-4.jpg?fit=700%2C440https://i0.wp.com/youth-voice.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Untitled-1-copy-4.jpg?resize=150%2C150WorkshopsApplications are ongoing to the International Capacity Building Workshop on Green Growth from 19th – 23rd July 2017(tentative) at Melaka, Malaysia as a follow up to the International Workshop on Climate Change organized in May 2015. This International Capacity Building Workshop on Green Growth is a unique platform created to foster dialogue where youth...Youth VoiceYouth Voiceinfo@youth-voice.comEditorYouth Voice