KU Leuven Specialization travel grants 2016 in Belgium
KU Leuven offers travel grants to researchers from the South. The grants are meant to help the researchers pay for a research visit to Belgium. The programme is funded from the KU Leuven development cooperation budget, which is managed by the Interfaculty Council for Development Cooperation (IRO). IRO will also select the candidates.
- With this programme, KU Leuven wishes to stimulate South-North exchanges.
- The programme intends to offer new opportunities to researchers.
- It is meant to stimulate capacity-building in the South.
- Applicants should have obtained their PhD at least three years prior to applying.
- Applicants should originate from one of the Least Developed Countries, Low Income Countries or Low Middle Income Countries, as indicated on the DAC list of OECD.
- Applicants should be employed by an institution located in one of the countries mentioned above.
- Applicants should be invited and supported by a KU Leuven supervisor who is a senior staff member (ZAP).
- Priority will be given to applicants under the age of fifty.
Grants will include
- a monthly allowance of € 1,500
- a plane ticket (with a maximum of € 1,200)
- insurance coverage during the stay in Leuven.
Candidates will be selected on the basis of the following criteria
- the formal application requirements
- the applicant’s quality
- the development relevance of the proposal
- a well-balanced distribution of the available grants across all nationalities and KU Leuven faculties involved
- should send their application to Stefania Schepers before the deadline and use this form to do so
- additionally will have to send the following documents:
- a copy of their doctoral degree certificate
- an invitation letter from their KU Leuven supervisor
- their CV
- a copy of their passport.
Deadline: September 30 , 2016 .
http://youth-voice.com/ku-leuven-specialization-travel-grants-2016-belgium/https://i0.wp.com/youth-voice.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/KU.jpeg?fit=400%2C266https://i0.wp.com/youth-voice.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/KU.jpeg?resize=150%2C150GrantsKU Leuven offers travel grants to researchers from the South. The grants are meant to help the researchers pay for a research visit to Belgium. The programme is funded from the KU Leuven development cooperation budget, which is managed by the Interfaculty Council for Development Cooperation (IRO). IRO will also select the candidates. With...Youth VoiceYouth Voiceinfo@youth-voice.comEditorYouth Voice