Masaryk University Model United Nations Conference MuniMUN 2016 in Czech Republic
Model United Nations, also known as Model UN or MUN, is an educational simulation and/or academic competition in which students can learn about diplomacy, international relations, and the United Nations. MUN involves and teaches researching, public speaking, debating, and writing skills, in addition to critical thinking, teamwork, and leadership abilities.
MuniMUN 2016 is a Model United Nations Conference organized in Brno, Czech republic. The main topic of this year’s conference is Sustainable Development Goals and Beyond : Security Challenges and it will be held on September 14 – September 18, 2016.
Terms and Conditions:
- All participants at the conference must be at least 18 years of age (as of 13th September 2016).
- All participants must be currently enrolled to the university/ college/ having student status.
- The exceptions for both cases are to be considered individually by the MuniMUN Secretariat on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conduct of the Conference
- Participant is expected to contribute actively to the conference, adhere to the schedule of the conference and refrain from any actions which could negatively affect the reputation of the MuniMUN conference.
- Participant is expected to actively communicate with MuniMUN team before and during the conference to ensure the smooth performance of the event.
- Participant should attend all conference sessions as described in the schedule. Frequent absences (less than 70% of sessions attended) will result in not issuing the certificate of participation. In this case, participant´s claims for the conference fee refund are not taken into consideration.
- Participant is obliged to abide by laws of the Czech Republic during whole time of the conference. Any use of illicit drugs, criminal activities or any violations of Czech laws will result in participant´s expulsion from the whole conference program and the participant may be held criminally liable. In the case of the expulsion of participant no claims for refund can be made.
- The consumption of alcohol is permitted only for the delegates above 18 years of age outside of the conference sessions.
- MuniMUN bears no responsibility for delegates´ personal belongings. MuniMUN is discharged from any compensation claims and demands connected to the losses, damages or injuries which happen to the participant during the conference.
Registration, payment and Visa procedure
- The country assignment may be the subject of change. The country preference as submitted in the registration form is not a guarantee of obtaining the country position.
- The country assignment takes place after first round of application process (May 10-31, 2016). For those registering in the second round, the countries not assigned in the first round will be considered.
- The participant cannot represent his own country.
- MuniMUN Secretariat will try to provide invitation letters and ease the visa procedure to all participants requiring visa to enter the Schengen area. However, the team bears no responsibility for unsuccessful visa claims.
- The conference fee must be paid within 10 days after you receive the confirmation e-mail with your position assigned. This fee is non-refundable (for the exceptions see the terms and conditions).
- All payment details will be sent to you in the confirmation e-mail. If you fail to pay the conference fee within 10 days after the confirmation, your registration will be cancelled. MuniMUN Secretariat does not cover bank charges of any kind.
- The social pack is included in the delegate fee.
- First wave/delegations* 60€ (1630 Kč) (conference fee + social pack)
- Second wave/late applications 65€ (1760 Kč)(conference fee + social pack)