The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program 2017 in South Africa
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program (MCFSP) targets academically qualified, yet economically disadvantaged young people in South Africa, SADC and the rest of Africa, who will contribute to the transformation of the continent. Community service is a necessary component of the Program with all students giving back to disadvantaged communities. The identified scholars need to demonstrate a commitment to making a difference in their communities, having faced significant barriers to accessing and completing quality tertiary education. The Program provides a comprehensive scholarship, mentoring and counseling, academic support and access to work readiness skills.
If your MCFSP application is successful the Program will cover the following:
- Full tuition fees
- Accommodation in a UP residence
- Books and printed material
- A modest monthly stipend
- Medical aid (Ingwe only)
- Travel costs (one return trip for the duration of the study period)
- Cost of one visa application for the duration of the study period.
- Candidates should be citizens from Sub-Saharan African country.
- Applicants should come from economically disadvantaged backgrounds and demonstrate financial neediness.
- Candidates should demonstrate leadership potential and ought to be involved in a giving back project eg. in a community, at school, church etc
- Academic excellence is paramount and students have to maintain a high academic average at all times.
- Candidates need to be first time applicants as first year students in the degree programme
How To Apply:
Application for the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program can only be submitted after a candidate has been provisionally admitted to study at the University of Pretoria. Provisionally an admission letter will be required.
- Download the hard copy of the undergraduate or postgraduate application form below.
- Submit your MCFSP application from to firstname.lastname@example.org for undergraduates and email@example.com for postgraduates together with all supporting documents as stated on the first page of the application form.
Deadline: September 15, 2016
http://youth-voice.com/mastercard-foundation-scholars-program-2017-south-africa/https://i0.wp.com/youth-voice.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/mastercard-scholarship.png?fit=440%2C300https://i0.wp.com/youth-voice.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/mastercard-scholarship.png?resize=150%2C150ScholarshipsThe MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program (MCFSP) targets academically qualified, yet economically disadvantaged young people in South Africa, SADC and the rest of Africa, who will contribute to the transformation of the continent. Community service is a necessary component of the Program with all students giving back to disadvantaged communities....Youth VoiceYouth Voiceinfo@youth-voice.comEditorYouth Voice