Call for Applications for the Fund for Internet Research and Education Awards 2016
The African Network Information Centre (AFRINIC) announces the call for applications for the 2016 FIRE Awards. The Fund for Internet Research and Education (FIRE Africa) aims at encouraging ICT development innovations that contribute to sustainable development in Africa. The FIRE Programme invites African organisations, entrepreneurs and innovators to propose projects under one of these three categories.
- Technical innovation for Internet access and development. Network operation, accelerating and expanding access, devices, infrastructure, the Internet of Things, IPv6 deployment, security, development of open standards, Internet Governance, and regulations for expanding and accelerating access. Innovative solutions offering low cost deployment, low power consumption and low maintenance that expanded fixed and mobile access to the internet through new forms of technical and organisational arrangements as well as improved the quality of access based on issues of accessibility, disability and linguistic diversity.
- Internet and technologies for social inclusion, strengthening democracy and the exercise of rights and freedoms. Initiatives related to freedom of expression, freedom of association, privacy, security, consumer’s rights, new forms of intellectual property in the digital environment, and a wider range of issues related to Internet and human rights.
- Internet and technology for social and economic development. ICT for community development and poverty reduction. New uses of ICT in the health, education, industry, environment, agriculture, and other sectors.
Selected winners will receive a project prize of USD 3,000 plus full travel and accommodation for one representative of each project to attend the awards ceremony, and participate in sessions which will be held in Mexico during the 2016 Internet Governance Forum.
- Open to African organisations, entrepreneurs and innovators
- Applications from post conflict regions and marginalized groups are strongly encourage.
Application Deadline: September 2, 2016 .
http://youth-voice.com/masters-fellowships-public-health-tropical-medicine/https://i2.wp.com/youth-voice.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/FIRE.jpg?fit=600%2C366https://i2.wp.com/youth-voice.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/FIRE.jpg?resize=150%2C150AwardsThe African Network Information Centre (AFRINIC) announces the call for applications for the 2016 FIRE Awards. The Fund for Internet Research and Education (FIRE Africa) aims at encouraging ICT development innovations that contribute to sustainable development in Africa. The FIRE Programme invites African organisations, entrepreneurs and innovators to propose projects...Youth VoiceYouth Voiceinfo@youth-voice.comEditorYouth Voice