Oceanic Peace Revolution Fellowship in Australia
The Oceanic Peace Revolution Fellowship, entitled “Peace In + Peace Out = Sustainable World Peace”, will bring together a group of young people from all Oceanian countries who are interested in learning and exploring self-development as a primary means to make this world a better place to live. This retreat aims to promote a culture of peace, peace education, conflict prevention and youth empowerment through the primary means of self-development and meditation.
We live in a world which is often chaotic, stressful and where many people live their lives in situations which are out of their control. By developing personal skills, people can learn to be less reactive to emotions, stress, and challenging external environments and instead become proactive towards real and meaningful world change.
The recent events and the rising of social and environmental occurrences across most Oceanian countries have highlighted the emergence of a new generation of leaders that yearn for change. The purpose of this fellowship is to engage young open-minded leaders and support their growth as change-makers to effectively contribute to the region’s sustainable and inclusive development. The retreat will include interactive activities, meditation sessions, lectures, and discussions, providing the participants with new skills for non-violent interaction and peace education. The aim of these activities is to promote individuals in the evolvement towards awareness and responsible handling of their personal, situational power. Encompassing heartfelt, caring consideration of others, and the aware capability to ensure that no suffering is fostered, the individual is supported to embody the qualities of meditation.
This fellowship will be the first of its kind in the Oceanian countries to bridge the gap between inner peace and social empowerment, leading to transformational and peaceful activism.
The Fellowship in Australia includes:
- Full or partial sponsoring of airfare
- Free accommodation
- Free catering
- Free local transportation
- Free meditation retreat fee.
- Candidates must have residents and nationalities from these countries or islands: Australia, American Samoa, Banaba, Cook Islands, Fiji, Federated States of Micronesia, French Polynesia, Guam, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, New Zealand, New Caledonia, Niue, Norfolk Island, Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Pitcairn, Polynesia, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tahiti, Tokelau, Tonga, Torres Strait Islands, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Wallis and Futuna.
- Candidates should be 20 to 32 years old at the time of submitting the application in order to receive the airfare support.
- Complete at least 14 days of the 42 days online self-development program.
- Good proficiency in written and spoken English language.
- Should be optimistic, open-minded, show leadership potential, and have a genuine interest in peace,dialogue, and personal and collective development.
Deadline: 30 June 2016
http://youth-voice.com/oceanic-peace-revolution-fellowship-australia/https://i0.wp.com/youth-voice.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/oceanic-peace-revolution-fellowship.png?fit=1024%2C404https://i0.wp.com/youth-voice.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/oceanic-peace-revolution-fellowship.png?resize=150%2C150FellowshipsThe Oceanic Peace Revolution Fellowship, entitled “Peace In + Peace Out = Sustainable World Peace”, will bring together a group of young people from all Oceanian countries who are interested in learning and exploring self-development as a primary means to make this world a better place to live. This...Youth VoiceYouth Voiceinfo@youth-voice.comEditorYouth Voice