The Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition 2017
The Royal Commonwealth Society is pleased to announce that the theme for The Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition 2017 is A Commonwealth for Peace.
Building upon the 2016 theme of An Inclusive Commonwealth, this year’s topics ask for a more active understanding of the role of the Commonwealth as a network of and for democracy, Human Rights and peace. Organizers are asking young writers to explore peace at every level, from the personal to the political to the pan-Commonwealth.
- What is in your Toolbox for Peace?
- My peaceful place.
- How can children and young people come together to build a peaceful society?
- ‘Peace cannot be learnt from a book or from religion. You have to reach out and touch the nations.’ How does this relate to the Commonwealth?
- Should you fight for peace?
- Kofi Annan said ‘Education is, quite simply, peace-building by another name.’ Do you agree? Answer with reference to your country and/or the Commonwealth.
- What is the cost of peace?
- The competition is open to all citizens and residents of the Commonwealth aged 18 and under and is open from 21 September until 1 May 2017.
- One Winner and Runner-up will be chosen from each category. Winners and Runners-up will be flown to London for a week of educational and cultural events, culminating in a special Awards Ceremony.
- A number of Gold, Silver and Bronze Awards will be given in both the Senior and Junior categories, rewarding excellence in writing.
- All entrants will receive a Certificate of Participation. For more information about the competition, download the flyer and please visit Terms and Conditionsand Frequently Asked Questions.
- Complete an entry form
- Please read the Terms and Conditions before submitting your essay as you will not be able to edit your submission once it has been uploaded. It is also a good idea to consult our Frequently Asked Questions.
Deadline: April 1, 2017
http://youth-voice.com/queens-commonwealth-essay-competition-2017/https://i0.wp.com/youth-voice.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/CamillaParkerBowlesMaxdeBourcierQueen2g2gsMn5GpZl-copy.jpg?fit=700%2C440https://i0.wp.com/youth-voice.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/CamillaParkerBowlesMaxdeBourcierQueen2g2gsMn5GpZl-copy.jpg?resize=150%2C150CompetitionsThe Royal Commonwealth Society is pleased to announce that the theme for The Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition 2017 is A Commonwealth for Peace. Building upon the 2016 theme of An Inclusive Commonwealth, this year’s topics ask for a more active understanding of the role of the Commonwealth as a network...Youth VoiceYouth Voiceinfo@youth-voice.comEditorYouth Voice