Stiftung Wissenschaft und Politik Internship 2017 in Berlin-Wilmersdorf
SWP offers a limited number of three-month full-time internships for highly motivated students. They are particularly interested in attracting young academics in political science and related social sciences (economics, law, administration, occasionally also regional studies, ethnology, or journalism). Interns are based at their offices in Berlin-Wilmersdorf.
Stiftung Wissenschaft und Politik (the German Institute for International and Security Affairs, SWP) advises political decision-makers on international politics and foreign and security policy. Their services are orientated primarily towards the German government and Bundestag, as well as relevant international organisations such as the European Union, NATO and the United Nations.
SWP stands out in comparison to other policy advisers for its ability to draw on solid academic research conducted by their own staff. So as well as offering up-to-date information and demand-driven consulting, SWP also carries out rigorous academic work. They place a premium on independence. SWP is tied to no political party or other institution, nor to any programme or interest group.
- Assisting with all tasks within the research division, especially research projects, and producing documentation and background reports for research division members,
- Preparing reports of conferences and meetings,
- Literature research,
- Editing academic texts, researching and evaluating materials, helping to prepare meetings and conferences,
- General administrative tasks.
- Interns at SWP receive €300 per month. Exceptions are only possible where the internship is already funded by another public or private organisation
Applications are open to
- Students already studying for a master’s degree (also Hauptstudium in the German Magister/Staatsexamen/Diplom system).
- Holders of bachelor’s degrees who can demonstrate they are applying for a place on a master’s degree course and who expect to be regular master’s students at the time proposed for the internship.
- Holders of bachelor’s/master’s degrees who are enrolled on an additional bachelor’s or master’s degree course.
- For an internship you should have at least the following qualifications:
- Very good knowledge of English (written and spoken),
- Good end-user IT skills (Word, Excel, web browsers),
- Your own ideas about what you wish to achieve during the internship,
- Interest in policy consultation and communication,
- Commitment, ambition, teamwork and social skills.
Your application must also include the following documents:
- Motivational letter (maximum one page),
- For a mandatory internship: confirmation that the internship is a formal requirement, including required duration (copy of relevant passage from degree regulations or letter from university),
- Bachelor’s degree certificate (or evidence of completion of Grundstudium for Magister/Diplom/Staatsexamen students),
- Interim and leaving certificates,
- References, work references (if available) (copies),
- Valid confirmation of student status (copy) or university confirmation of application for a place on a master’s degree course (original, must include expected enrolment date),
- Residence permit (non-EU/EEA applicants, copy),
- If a public or private body has awarded funding for your internship, please supply documentation (including amount).
Please e-mail your application form and all required documents to bewerbungen(at)swp-berlin.org.
Deadline: September 30, 2017
http://youth-voice.com/stiftung-wissenschaft-und-politik-internship-2017-berlin-wilmersdorf/https://i2.wp.com/youth-voice.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/90.jpg?fit=700%2C440https://i2.wp.com/youth-voice.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/90.jpg?resize=150%2C150InternshipsSWP offers a limited number of three-month full-time internships for highly motivated students. They are particularly interested in attracting young academics in political science and related social sciences (economics, law, administration, occasionally also regional studies, ethnology, or journalism). Interns are based at their offices in Berlin-Wilmersdorf. Stiftung Wissenschaft und Politik (the German Institute...Youth VoiceYouth Voiceinfo@youth-voice.comEditorYouth Voice