Stigler Center Journalists in Residence Program 2018 in USA
Applications are ongoing for the 2018 Stigler Center Journalists in Residence Program. Launched in March 2017, the Stigler Center Journalists in Residence Program provides a transformative learning experience for up-and-coming journalists from around the world, working in all forms of media. It aims to shape the next generation of leaders in business reporting.
The program will take place over approximately 12 weeks at our Hyde Park campus, during which selected participants will audit classes, participate in events, collaborate with peers, and socialize with the university’s greatest scholars. Participants will choose their own classes at Chicago Booth. Examples of classes include The Firm and the Non-Market Environment with professor Marianne Bertrand and Crony Capitalism with professor Luigi Zingales.
Participants will receive the following:
- Reimbursement for economy-class airfare to/from Chicago and SEVIS and visa application fees
- A stipend* of $12,000 to cover living expenses over the ten-week program
- World-class training in business fundamentals at Chicago Booth free of charge
- Participation in seminars and workshops at Chicago Booth and across the university
- An opportunity to write for the ProMarket blog
- Interaction with Booth faculty and students as well as other program participants
- Designated study space
- Certificate of participation upon successful completion of program
- Working journalists who have some years of media experience and are proficient in English are encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants should submit their application materials through online system by October 23, 2017.
Applications must include:
- Two letters of recommendation
- A copy of three published news articles, preferably in English. If the articles are not in English, a translation should be submitted along with the original articles. Television and radio journalists should submit video/audio files along with a transcription in English.
- An essay of about 500 words describing your interest in the program and what goals you hope to achieve through the program
- A 300-500 word proposal for a project you are interested in completing during the program
- Non-native English speakers must submit proof of English proficiency (waived if undergraduate or graduate degree was obtained in an English-speaking country)
- August 1, 2017: Applications Open
- October 23, 2017: Application deadline
- November 6–17, 2017: Skype interviews for finalists
- December 11, 2017: Accepted participants notified
- March 19, 2018: Program begins
- June 9, 2018: Program ends
http://youth-voice.com/stigler-center-journalists-residence-program-2018-usa/https://i2.wp.com/youth-voice.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/op-13.jpg?fit=700%2C440https://i2.wp.com/youth-voice.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/op-13.jpg?resize=150%2C150ProgramsApplications are ongoing for the 2018 Stigler Center Journalists in Residence Program. Launched in March 2017, the Stigler Center Journalists in Residence Program provides a transformative learning experience for up-and-coming journalists from around the world, working in all forms of media. It aims to shape the next generation of leaders in...Youth VoiceYouth Voiceinfo@youth-voice.comEditorYouth Voice