Swedish Institute’s leadership Program Young Connectors of the Future 2017 in Sweden for South Asian
Are you a leader with a vision? Do you want to make a change? Apply to the Swedish Institute’s leadership programme Young Connectors of the Future (YCF) 2017. The Swedish Institute (SI) is currently inviting applicants from South Asia for its Young Connectors of the Future Programme (YCF) with an aim to support young leaders in the South Asia region by giving them the tools and methods they need in their work for an equal and sustainable society.
YCF offers personal and professional development to leaders who work for positive social change in the field of democracy, human rights, sustainability and equality. The programme provides the tools necessary to accomplish greater social impact. YCF builds and strengthens individual leadership through group-centric methods such as collaboration, feedback and reflection. Participants will learn in group from merited facilitators and from each other, through workshops, practical exercises and hands-on performance.
- All costs related to accommodation, food and transport during the YCF programme are covered by Swedish Institute. The SI will also arrange and pay for the participant’s air travel to and from Sweden and to the location of the second module of the programme. Each participant is responsible for transportation costs within her/his own country.
- All participants are insured against acute illness and accident during Module 1, through the Swedish State Group Insurance and personal insurance by the Swedish Legal, Financial and Administrative Service Agency (Kammarkollegiet). If the Module 2 is held in Sweden, the same arrangement as for Module 1 applies. If the follow-up module is held in another country, participants need to arrange and cover their own insurance costs.
To apply to the programme applicants have to:
- Be a citizen of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India, Pakistan or Sri Lanka;
- Be an NGO leader, legal worker, journalist, social worker, cultural worker, social entrepreneur, civil servant, youth politician or in another type of leadership role;
- Work actively for democracy, sustainability, diversity and/or human rights;
- Be between 22 and 32 years old (born between 1985 – 1995);have a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English.
Apply by filling out their YCF Application Form 2017 and by going to their application portal. Only applicants who have submitted a complete application will be considered for the programme. A complete application consists of:
- A completed application form in English, including your contact details and the contact details of two reference persons;
- An updated CV in English;
- A letter of recommendation in English* (no more than 500 words) from a person who knows your work in the areas of democracy or human rights. They prefer that you use their template for the letter of recommendation, but it’s not compulsory. The letter should specifically motivate your participation in the programme with reference to the YCF criteria; and
- A photo (not compulsory).
If you have any questions regarding the application form, please send an email to email@example.com
Deadline: February 9, 2017
http://youth-voice.com/swedish-institutes-leadership-program-young-connectors-future-2017-sweden-south-asian/https://i0.wp.com/youth-voice.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/1939860_696202110442801_1287943801_n.jpg?fit=700%2C440https://i0.wp.com/youth-voice.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/1939860_696202110442801_1287943801_n.jpg?resize=150%2C150Exchange programsAre you a leader with a vision? Do you want to make a change? Apply to the Swedish Institute’s leadership programme Young Connectors of the Future (YCF) 2017. The Swedish Institute (SI) is currently inviting applicants from South Asia for its Young Connectors of the Future Programme (YCF) with...Youth VoiceYouth Voiceinfo@youth-voice.comEditorYouth Voice