UNESCO-Czech Republic Co-Sponsored Fellowships 2017-18
Applications is open for the UNESCO-Czech Republic Co-Sponsored Fellowships 2017-18. In order to promote human resource capacities in the developing Member States and to enhance friendship among peoples of the world, the Government of the Czech Republic has placed at the disposal of UNESCO three long-term fellowships for undergraduate studies (which comprises the Bachelor’s and Master’s study programmes for the academic year 2017-2018) for the benefit of certain developing Member States. Neither a citizen of the Czech Republic, nor a citizen of a Member State of the European Union, nor any other foreign national with a permanent residence permit on the territory of the Czech Republic may therefore be granted this type of scholarship.
Facilities offered by the Government of the Czech Republic
- Tuition is free of charge
- A monthly allowance of 14,000 Czech Crowns (1 euro = approximately 25 crowns) for students undertaking bachelor and master’s study programmes (Should this allowance be considered insufficient, the applying Member State may consider granting a partial contribution, or, the candidate may have to seek other funds from private sources to complement this allowance)
- Accommodation at the student dormitories at reduced rates (to be paid by the fellow from the monthly allowance mentioned in (2) above)
- Access to meals (to be paid with the monthly allowance) in the student dining halls
- Access to discounts for urban transportation
- The Ministry of Health provides medical care to fellows.
Facilities offered by UNESCO
- UNESCO will cover international travel expenses within the framework of the Fellowships Programme under the Regular Programme. Upon selection of the candidates, UNESCO will undertake the necessary action to authorize tickets to the beneficiaries before their departure for the Czech Republic. And,
- A special one-time allowance of US$200 to cover transit and other miscellaneous expenses.
- Open to candidates from the following member states: Uzbekistan, Yemen and Zimbabwe
- In line with UNESCO and Czech Republic’s commitment to maximize capacity-building, candidates who wish to study in the fields of natural resources and environment, forestry water and landscape management, technology and environmental engineering, economics and finance would be given priority.
Deadline : 30 September 2016
http://youth-voice.com/unesco-czech-republic-co-sponsored-fellowships-2017-18/https://i2.wp.com/youth-voice.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/UNESCO-Czech-Republic-Co-Sponsored-Fellowships-Programme-1.jpg?fit=605%2C307https://i2.wp.com/youth-voice.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/UNESCO-Czech-Republic-Co-Sponsored-Fellowships-Programme-1.jpg?resize=150%2C150FellowshipsApplications is open for the UNESCO-Czech Republic Co-Sponsored Fellowships 2017-18. In order to promote human resource capacities in the developing Member States and to enhance friendship among peoples of the world, the Government of the Czech Republic has placed at the disposal of UNESCO three long-term fellowships for undergraduate...Youth VoiceYouth Voiceinfo@youth-voice.comEditorYouth Voice