UNESCO World Heritage Young Professionals Forum 2018 in Manama, Bahrain
UNESCO is now accepting applications for the World Heritage Young Professionals Forum 2018. The Forum aims to transmit the values of World Heritage, highlighting the potential that World Heritage education may have for facilitating sustainable development. It is addressed to young professionals who will be invited to reflect upon the complexity of preserving heritage in a constantly evolving world with the help of international experts.
As an integral part of the 42nd session of the World Heritage Committee, and in the framework of the UNESCO World Heritage Education Programme, the Bahrain Authority for Culture and Antiquities will host the World Heritage Young Professionals Forum 2018 under the theme of ‘Protecting Heritage in an Ever-Changing World’ from 17 to 26 June 2018 in Manama (Bahrain).
World Heritage Young Professionals Forum 2018 is organized by Bahrain Authority for Culture and Antiquities (www.culture.gov.bh) in collaboration with the World Heritage Centre in the framework of the World Heritage Education Programme. At the end of each Forum a declaration is produced from the participants and presented to the World Heritage Committee.
- All travel and accommodation costs for the selected participants will be covered by the Kingdom of Bahrain- for the duration of the forum. The organizers will assist in the travel preparations (including visas) and bookings.
Participants of the Youth Forum will come from different heritage fields and countries and must be specifically interested in World Heritage. Thirty participants will be selected to take part in this year’s forum taking into account gender equality and regional representation.
- Applicants should be recent young professionals between the ages of 23 to 30 with at least one year experience in the field of either Cultural or Natural heritage. We accept a wide range of backgrounds including but not limited to archaeology, architecture, conservation, urban planning & regeneration, restoration, art history, lawyers, heritage managers.
- The working language of the Forum is English. A good knowledge of English is essential, for the benefit of the individual participants and the development of the forum.
- Basic computer skills will be required to collaborate to draft the final declaration and a small exhibition about the Forum itself.
- Handwork and visits requires a good physical condition due to the climate of the region.
- The selection will be made based on the requirements above, with a specific focus on: Balanced geographical representation,
- Dissemination of gained experience in the country or institution of origin
- Gender equality,
- Diversity of professional backgrounds.
The applicants will be informed upon completion of the selection process, by mid-April 2018.
- Candidates who wish to apply for participation in the World Heritage Young Professionals Forum should fill in and submit the online application form.
- Please note that candidates should attach their CV, as well as a document of endorsement signed by a supervisor and their own signature (e.g. professional supervisor, university professor etc.).
- If you have any questions about the Forum or if you encounter any difficulties with the application process, kindly contact the Bahrain Authority for Culture and Antiquities at the following email email@example.com
The application form must be filled out in English.
Deadline: March 31, 2018.
http://youth-voice.com/unesco-world-heritage-young-professionals-forum-2018-manama-bahrain/https://i2.wp.com/youth-voice.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/bb.png?fit=770%2C402https://i2.wp.com/youth-voice.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/bb.png?resize=150%2C150ConferencesUNESCO is now accepting applications for the World Heritage Young Professionals Forum 2018. The Forum aims to transmit the values of World Heritage, highlighting the potential that World Heritage education may have for facilitating sustainable development. It is addressed to young professionals who will be invited to reflect upon...Youth VoiceYouth Voiceinfo@youth-voice.comEditorYouth Voice