UNOPS is looking for a Communications and Program Intern in New York, USA
The United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC), an initiative of the Secretary-General of the United Nations, responds to a broad consensus across nations, cultures and religions that all societies are interdependent, bound together in their development and security, and in their environmental, economic and financial well-being. The Alliance seeks to forge collective political will and to mobilize concerted action at the institutional and civil society levels to overcome the prejudice, misperceptions and polarization that militate against such a consensus. The Alliance hopes to contribute to a coalescing global movement which, reflecting the will of the vast majority of people, rejects extremism in any society. UNAOC, whose Secretariat is based in New York, NY, is funded by multiple donors and executed by UNOPS.
Contract type: Internship
Contract level: N/A
Contract duration: 3 months
- Applicants must be pursuing a University Degree preferably in Multimedia, Information Technology, Journalism, Communications, International Relations, or have graduated from such studies within the last 3 years.
- Any prior work experience is not required.
The following experience is desirable:
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills, and experience in developing different types of content for different audiences and mediums
- Experience with social media
- Full command of Microsoft Office suite of products
- Basic HTML knowledge
- Strong graphic design and layout skills, including familiarity with Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, and Adobe Photoshop. Proficiency in Adobe Lightroom and/or Adobe After Effects would be a plus
- Experience with WordPress is necessary. Experience with other Content Management Systems (e.g. Drupal) would be a bonus
- Quick and thorough research and data analysis
- Proficiency in drawing relevant information from technical content
- Interest in global media and a good understanding of global migration
- Experience in event planning
- English as a first language; fluency in both spoken and written English; working knowledge of other UN language(s) is an asset.
- Interns may be eligible for a monthly stipend from UNOPS provided that they do not receive funds from other institutions.
- UNOPS may provide a one time travel lumpsum of 500 USD. However, they must make their own arrangements for accommodation, travel, insurance coverage and any necessary visas.
Under the direct supervision of the Media and Migration Specialist as well as the Web Design and Development Specialist, the Communications & Programme Intern will:
- Contribute to the writing, editing, proofreading, production, and updating of electronic and printed materials.
- Assist with design, editing, and production of graphic materials to support online and offline communications.
- Assist with publishing articles, press releases, photos, graphics and multimedia elements in the UNAOC website and other digital assets.
- Support communications projects as they arise, including conducting research and summarizing relevant information.
- Provide general administrative support including taking meeting minutes, setting up meetings and conference calls, etc.
- Assist with research and event planning and production
Deadline: September 2 , 2016.
http://youth-voice.com/unops-looking-communications-program-intern-new-york-usa/https://i0.wp.com/youth-voice.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Apply-for-Graphics-Internship-at-United-Nations-Office-for-Project-Services.jpg?fit=700%2C440https://i0.wp.com/youth-voice.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Apply-for-Graphics-Internship-at-United-Nations-Office-for-Project-Services.jpg?resize=150%2C150InternshipsThe United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC), an initiative of the Secretary-General of the United Nations, responds to a broad consensus across nations, cultures and religions that all societies are interdependent, bound together in their development and security, and in their environmental, economic and financial well-being. The Alliance seeks...Youth VoiceYouth Voiceinfo@youth-voice.comEditorYouth Voice