UNU-INWEH Internship Programme 2016-17
Are you a recent graduate or enrolled in a graduate program? Are you interested in making a difference in environmental research and policy? Do you have a commitment towards addressing issues of international importance related to water, environment and health? If so, then the UNU-INWEH Internship Programme could be for you!
UNU-INWEH provides interns a chance to work in an international environment and experience first-hand the operations of the United Nations. In this volunteer program, interns interact with staff members and contribute towards UN water research and training projects conducted in developing countries.
- Candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree in an area relevant to UNU-INWEH’s field of work.
- Excellent spoken and written English; knowledge of other UN languages is an asset.
- Ability to use office-related software (Microsoft Office) and hardware (PC).
- Awareness and ability to adapt to a multicultural environment and a commitment to international public service are essential. Applicants should demonstrate good communication skills and show initiative and flexibility.
- The duration of an internship is a minimum of three months (full-time).
- Proof of insurance coverage for the entire period of the internship.
How To Apply:
To apply to the UNU-INWEH Internship Programme, complete the following steps:
- Ensure you satisfy the Eligibility Criteria.
- Fill out all five of the required application documents.
- Email or fax your application to the UNU-INWEH Internship Coordinator.
- Only complete applications (i.e., containing all five required documents) will be considered.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Your internship application will be considered valid for 12 months from the submission date.
- If applicants do not receive a response within 12 months of submission, the application has not been retained.