Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship Program 2018 in Canada
The Government of Canada launched the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) program in 2008 to strengthen Canada’s ability to attract and retain world-class doctoral students and establish Canada as a global centre of excellence in research and higher learning. Vanier Scholars demonstrate leadership skills and a high standard of scholarly achievement in graduate studies in the social sciences and/or humanities, natural sciences and/or engineering and health.
Areas of research:
- Health research
- Natural sciences and/or engineering research
- Social sciences and/or humanities research
- The scholarship is valued at $50,000 per year for three years during doctoral studies.
- The scholarships are open to the following class of individuals: Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada and foreign citizens are eligible to be nominated for a Vanier CGS.
- Candidates must be nominated by only one Canadian institution, which must have received a Vanier CGS quota;
- Must be pursuing your first doctoral degree (including joint undergraduate/graduate research program such as: MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, JD/PhD – if it has a demonstrated and significant research component). Note that only the PhD portion of a combined degree is eligible for funding;
- Intend to pursue, in the summer semester or the academic year following the announcement of results, full-time doctoral (or a joint graduate program such as: MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, JD/PhD) studies and research at the nominating institution; Note that only the PhD portion of a combined degree is eligible for funding;
- Not have completed more than 20 months of doctoral studies as of May 1, 2018 (see calculating months of doctoral studies below);
- Have achieved a first-class average, as determined by your institution, in each of the last two years of full-time study or equivalent. Candidates are encouraged to contact the institution for its definition of a first-class average; and
- Must not hold, or have held, a doctoral-level scholarship or fellowship from CIHR, NSERC or SSHRC to undertake or complete a doctoral degree.
- Candidates must be nominated by the institution at which they want to study. Candidates cannot apply directly to the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) program. See how to be nominated !
- Candidates should verify institutional internal deadlines with the administrator at the nominating institution.
- Candidates should read the Selection committee guide prior to commencing their application. This guide lists the three evaluation criteria and has useful information on how the criteria are evaluated.
- Institutions must forward their selected nominations to the Vanier CGS program by November 1, 2017 (20:00 Eastern Time).
Deadline: November 1, 2017
http://youth-voice.com/vanier-canada-graduate-scholarship-program-2018-canada/https://i0.wp.com/youth-voice.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/op-5.jpg?fit=700%2C440https://i0.wp.com/youth-voice.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/op-5.jpg?resize=150%2C150ScholarshipsThe Government of Canada launched the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) program in 2008 to strengthen Canada's ability to attract and retain world-class doctoral students and establish Canada as a global centre of excellence in research and higher learning. Vanier Scholars demonstrate leadership skills and a high standard...Youth VoiceYouth Voiceinfo@youth-voice.comEditorYouth Voice