World Trade Organization Essay Award 2017 for Young Economists
The World Trade Organization WTO issues call for papers for 2017 Essay Award for Young Economists. The award aims to promote high-quality research on trade policy and international trade co-operation and to reinforce the relationship between the WTO and the academic community.
The World Trade Organization (WTO) is the only global international organization dealing with the rules of trade between nations. At its heart are the WTO agreements, negotiated and signed by the bulk of the world’s trading nations and ratified in their parliaments. The goal is to ensure that trade flows as smoothly, predictably and freely as possible. All major decisions are made by the WTO’s membership as a whole, either by ministers (who usually meet at least every two years) or by their ambassadors or delegates (who meet regularly in Geneva).
- The annual WTO Essay Award provides a prize of CHF 5,000 to the author(s) of the winning essay. In the case of a co-authored paper, the prize will be equally divided among the authors.
- The winning paper will be officially announced at the annual meeting of the European Trade Study Group (ETSG), which is the largest conference specializing in international trade. The award ceremony will take place in September 2017 in Florence, Italy.
- The winning author(s) will receive funding to attend the meeting.
- The paper must address issues related to trade policy and international trade co-operation.
- The author(s) of the paper must possess or be engaged in the completion of a PhD degree and, if over 30 years of age, be no more than two years past a PhD defence.
- In the case of co-authored papers, this requirement shall apply to all authors.
- In addition, to be considered for the award, essays cannot exceed 15,000 words.
All submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions should include as separate attachments in PDF format:
- the essay
- the CV of the author(s), specifying (i) current affiliation(s), (ii) the academic institution awarding the PhD, (iii) the year (or the expected year) of the PhD, (iv) the date of birth of the author(s).
Essays must be submitted by 2 June 2017. The Economic Research and Statistics Division of the WTO Secretariat will shortlist eligible papers by 16 June 2017 and the selection panel will take a final decision by 14 July 2017. Only the author(s) of short-listed essays will be notified.
http://youth-voice.com/world-trade-organization-essay-award-2017-young-economists/https://i0.wp.com/youth-voice.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/World-Trade-Organisation-Essay-Award-for-Young-Economists-2017-copy.jpg?fit=700%2C467https://i0.wp.com/youth-voice.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/World-Trade-Organisation-Essay-Award-for-Young-Economists-2017-copy.jpg?resize=150%2C150AwardsThe World Trade Organization WTO issues call for papers for 2017 Essay Award for Young Economists. The award aims to promote high-quality research on trade policy and international trade co-operation and to reinforce the relationship between the WTO and the academic community. The World Trade Organization (WTO) is the only...Youth VoiceYouth Voiceinfo@youth-voice.comEditorYouth Voice