Youth and Sustainable Development Forum 2019 in Cotonou, Benin
After the Forum on Action for Sustainable Development and the Role of Youth in September 2018 focused on SDG 1: “Eliminating poverty in all its forms and all over the world”, ACSAC is organizing this year the Youth and Sustainable Development Forum that will address SDG 8: “Promote sustained, shared and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all”.
In Benin, youth employment suffers from enormous shortcomings because 30.4% of young people are underemployed visibly through the number of working hours and 63.2% unseen through precarious pay and indecent. Also, only 7.9% of young people benefit from paid employment in Benin and this percentage highlights the difficulties of absorbing the labor supply of young people by the labor market and the need for young people to take in charge.
The Sustainable Development Goals promote sustained economic growth, higher levels of productivity and technological innovation by 2030. However, four years have already passed and the question remains: What are the solutions for a strategic involvement of the Youth in full employment and economic growth in Benin?
It is to answer this question that is organized, within the framework of the fourth anniversary of the 2030 Agenda, the Youth and Sustainable Development Forum 2019.
- This forum will bring together governmental and local authorities, state structures, international organizations, businesses, the media, national and international NGOs and youth organizations working to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals in Benin to share results of their actions for the implementation of SDG 8.
- These structures will focus, for 2 days, on the involvement of young people in Benin’s economic growth, while revisiting the issues of:
- unemployment and underemployment of young people;
- equality between men, women and the disabled in the workplace;
- inadequacy of training curricula to the needs of the market;
- governance framework for youth employment;
- entrepreneurship of young people;
- strengthening of employability;
- digital economy;
- entrepreneurial and social leadership.
- Participants will benefit from all forum activities
- 4 discussion sessions
- 1 presentation session of the Youth Opportunities platform
- 1 live session of Youth Talks
- 2 reflection workshops
- 2 networking sessions
Registrations are open for:
- Students and PhD students from Universities and Schools
- Young Activists of Sustainable Development
- Representatives of Civil Society Organizations
- Representatives of Private and Public Enterprises
- Local and governmental authorities
You can register as:
- Participants (Open to all young people)
- Youth Talks Panelist (For young people who have taken action to achieve the SDGs in general and SDG 8 in particular)
- Media (For bloggers, journalists and youtubers)
The forum will be held in French with an English translation for international participants. However, most materials will be in French.http://youth-voice.com/youth-sustainable-development-forum-2019-cotonou-benin/https://i1.wp.com/youth-voice.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/rrrr.png?fit=770%2C402https://i1.wp.com/youth-voice.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/rrrr.png?resize=150%2C150ConferencesAfter the Forum on Action for Sustainable Development and the Role of Youth in September 2018 focused on SDG 1: “Eliminating poverty in all its forms and all over the world”, ACSAC is organizing this year the Youth and Sustainable Development Forum that will address SDG 8: “Promote sustained,...Youth VoiceYouth Voiceinfo@youth-voice.comEditorYouth Voice