Apply to UNU-CRIS Traineeship Programme 2018
Applications are ongoing for the UNU-CRIS Traineeship Programme 2018. The United Nations University Institute on Comparative Regional Integration Studies (UNU-CRIS) offers students with a demonstrated interest and background in regional integration studies the opportunity to take part in the activities of the Institute. Traineeships and Internships are respectively intended for undergraduate and graduate students.
The United Nations University Institute on Comparative Regional Integration Studies (UNU-CRIS) is a research and training institute of the United Nations University. UNU is a global network of institutes and programmes engaged in research and capacity development to support the universal goals of the UN. It brings together leading scholars from around the world with a view to generate strong and innovative knowledge on how to tackle pressing global problems.
The duties of UNU-CRIS Trainees involve:
- Update of the RIKS database and other research tasks related to the Monitoring and Assessing Regional Integration research programme;
- Presentation of the work performed during the research stay at one of the research brunches, which are informal gatherings bringing together UNU-CRIS researchers;
- Assistance in administrative and other tasks, as needed.
- Trainees are welcome to take part in seminars, workshops, conferences and other events organised by UNU-CRIS, including informal briefings and roundtable discussions.
- Office space, computer facilities and access to the libraries of UNU-CRIS, UNU, Ghent University, Vrije Universiteit Brussel and the College of Europe are provided. While traineeships and internship are non-remunerated, travel costs incurred by the attendance of UNU-CRIS related events are reimbursed.
- In addition, Bruges’ favourable location close to Brussels provides direct access to the seat of the European Union and other international organisations, as well as a number of universities and research centres based in the Belgian capital.
- Although admitted candidates are required to arrange their own travel, housing and health insurance, UNU-CRIS will provide advice and support to help facilitate the search process.
- Be enrolled in a Bachelor programme or holder of a Bachelor degree;
- Demonstrate a strong interest in the UN and regional integration studies and specifically in the aspects related to the Monitoring and Supervision of Regional Integration processes;
- Be eager to contribute to the research projects and activities of the Institute;
- Thrive under pressure and be able to act quickly and efficiently;
- Possess excellent English communicating and writing skills;
- Be proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite;
- Be available for a minimum duration of three months up to a maximum of six months.
UNU-CRIS launches calls for applications twice a year. The deadline for the first call is 1 May, the deadline for the second call is 1 November. Candidates are expected to start in July and January respectively at the earliest, beginning of October and April respectively at the latest. The exact start and end dates of the traineeship are negotiable.
Interested candidates shall submit their application in English to Mr. Ewout Ramon.
Applications must include:
- The UNU-CRIS traineeship application form;
- A curriculum vitae;
- A letter of motivation;
- A letter of recommendation.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Deadline: May 1, 2018.
https://youth-voice.com/apply-unu-cris-traineeship-programme-2018/https://youth-voice.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/hh.pnghttps://youth-voice.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/hh-150x150.pngInternshipsApplications are ongoing for the UNU-CRIS Traineeship Programme 2018. The United Nations University Institute on Comparative Regional Integration Studies (UNU-CRIS) offers students with a demonstrated interest and background in regional integration studies the opportunity to take part in the activities of the Institute. Traineeships and Internships are respectively intended...Youth VoiceYouth Voiceinfo@youth-voice.comEditorYouth Voice