European International Model United Nations Conference in Netherlands
The European International Model United Nations (TEIMUN) is a conference where students from all over the globe come to The Hague to debate about peace and security issues.
This conference will be held at Jul 11- 17, 2016.
(1) These are the Terms and Conditions applicable to all services offered by The European Model United Nations (TEIMUN) conference, its Secretariat, and Staff jointly and severally in direct connection or association to The European Model United Nations (TEIMUN).
(1) All individuals registered as delegates at TEIMUN, must be under 30 years of age and enrolled in a University or Technical University.
- The Board of TEIMUN reserves the right to investigate the eligibility of any delegate and exclude, without refund, any individual determined to be ineligible for participation as a delegate. Any individual who does not meet the above criteria, which registers in affiliation with a university that s/he does not attend, or who is otherwise found to be in violation of the TEIMUN terms and conditions will be considered ineligible for participation and excluded from the conference.
- Delegations attempting to falsify the eligibility of delegates or otherwise found to be in violation of the TEIMUN terms and conditions will be excluded from participation in the conference, and may be considered ineligible for further participation in the year following the violation.
Registration and Payments
(1) Eligible participants may register fro TEIMUN during the specified registration period:
Registration period: 01 January – 09 June 2016
(2) Persons can register either as individuals or as delegations of multiple participants.
- The eligibility for the conference or financial aid will be assessed individually.
(3) Registration via the website is automated and delegations should receive acknowledgement of their application within 3 business days of their application. Admittance status will be communicated within 7 business days of their application. Upon acceptance of an application, the registrant will receive login details for the TEIMUN website and will be directed to a secure payment portal where the payment can be made. Participants will have two weeks to complete payment, with right reserved to extensions at the digression of the TEIMUN Board of Directors.
(4) Individuals are responsible for their payment; this also applies to Delegations of multiple participants. Applications will be confirmed after the complete amount has been received.
(5) All fees have to be paid to TEIMUN via our online payment service after the acceptance of the online application within fourteen days. Failure to make payment within this time frame will automatically result in cancellation of the application.
(6) The conference fee is 150 Euro (EUR) per delegate with the first 40 delegates having to pay a discounted fee of 120 EUR. No other currency is accepted. The fee includes the registration fee, lunch, refreshments and coffee every day. This fee also includes an excursion, welcome drinks and a welcome goodie bag. Additional activities tickets are not included in the conference fee and will instead be available for sale through the website. The fee does not include costs for hotels, visas, dinner or any other cost you might have.
(7) The board of the TEIMUN foundation reserves the right to charge participants with any incurred transaction costs that proved to be not included in the amount paid by the participant.
(8) Should a registrant’s application be canceled due to failure to make payment within fourteen days of acceptance, they will be able to re-register.
(9) All registrations are done on a first come, first served basis. Due to limited availability at our conference venue, we cannot guarantee that applications will be accepted throughout the advertised registration process.
(1) Financial aid may be provided for to approved participants under certain conditions. The nature of the financial aid can be split into two categories:
- Partial or complete refund of the conference fee
- Accommodation organized and partly or fully paid for by the TEIMUN Foundation
(2) Eligibility for Financial Aid is tied to the eligibility to the conference. Any accepted participant may apply for Financial Aid, however certain criteria are used in order to determine who shall receive financial aid.
(3) All decisions regarding the granting of financial aid are final and the TEIMUN Foundation reserves the right to grant financial aid on how it sees fit.
(4) TEIMUN reserves the right to exclude specific individuals or groups of individuals from its financial aid program. TEIMUN excludes any legal actions on the side of the individual or group of individuals related to a possible exclusion. No exclusions shall be made on grounds including but not limited to gender identity, race, sexual orientation, religion or national origin.
(5) Financial aid will be granted on a limited basis and according to the merit of the application and applicant, taking into consideration the applicant’s financial means, country of residence, country of origin, quality of application and other criteria.
(6) The financial aid application process and the necessary documents are outlined in the financial aid policy paper available through the website (www.teimun.org).
(7) Financial aid may only be granted in the forms mentioned in (1) and never in cash or as any other monetary payout.
(1) Participants are expected and obliged to obey the laws of the Kingdom of the Netherlands while participating in TEIMUN. Participants are personally responsible for all charges and damages to facilities of the conference and social events venues. Participants found to be in violation of these laws can be excluded from the conference at the digression of the TEIMUN Foundation.
(2) TEIMUN does not provide liability insurance for the protection of individuals or groups who participate in the conference.
(3) Each individual and group agreeing to these Terms and Conditions releases and discharges TEIMUN, its secretariat, and staff jointly and severally from any and all actions, causes of actions, claims, liabilities, costs, obligations and demands, including without limitation attorneys’ fees and expenses for, upon or by reason of loss, damage, injury, or death, which hereafter may be sustained by participating in any activities connected with TEIMUN. This involves especially compensation, in part or in whole, for losses, damages, injuries or death incurred at or in connection with TEIMUN.
(4) TEIMUN reserves the right to exclude specific individuals or groups of individuals from its offered services. TEIMUN excludes any legal actions on the side of the individual or group of individuals related to a possible exclusion. No exclusions shall be made on grounds including but not limited to gender identity, race, sexual orientation, religion or national origin.https://youth-voice.com/european-international-model-united-nations-conference-netherlands-2/https://i0.wp.com/youth-voice.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/images-23.jpg?fit=276%2C183&ssl=1https://i0.wp.com/youth-voice.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/images-23.jpg?resize=150%2C150&ssl=1ConferencesThe European International Model United Nations (TEIMUN) is a conference where students from all over the globe come to The Hague to debate about peace and security issues. This conference will be held at Jul 11- 17, 2016. Purpose (1) These are the Terms and Conditions applicable to all services offered by...Youth VoiceYouth Voiceinfo@youth-voice.comEditorYouth Voice