ICP Scholarship Program 2019-2020 in Belgium
Call for Apply for the ICP Scholarship Program 2019-2020 in Belgium. The ICP “Master of Transportation Sciences – Road Safety in Low & Middle-Income Countries” offers a 2-year multidisciplinary master program with a unique focus and approach to Road Safety in Developing Countries. The program is supported by VLIR UOS and has 12 scholarships available each year.
Students are trained to identify transportation and road safety issues in order to create innovative solutions by using an integrative approach based on three pillars: the individual (dealing with the human behavior in traffic and how to influence it e.g. intentional and unintentional hazardous behavior such as drunk driving or cognitive impairments), the environment (e.g. creating self-explaining roads and infrastructure that minimizes crash impact) and the society (e.g. societal norms and translation into policy and enforcement measures). Road safety in this program is approached as a cross-border field, incorporating elements of psychology, economy, urban planning, environmental studies, engineering and more.
Hasselt University is an innovative university which has a pronounced international orientation. It stands for excellence in education, top research in spearhead fields and active commitment to innovation and entrepreneurship. This is reflected by its ranking among the best 5% of universities worldwide in U-Multirank 2018. The overall objective is to combine academic excellence with economic and social relevance. Hasselt University has an extensive international network and is a partner in a variety of international research and education projects.
As a civic university, they assume their responsibility, commit themselves and share their knowledge in ways that benefit society. The strong public engagement was, is and always will be at the core of who they are and what they do.
Their students, staff, researchers and alumni are both able and willing to make their society smarter, more agile and better. Today’s and tomorrow’s challenges guide their teaching, research and social engagement. Innovation is a constant in everything they do.
- Monthly allowance: € 1150/month (for the cost of meals, transport, personal expenses and accommodation) will be provided.
- 1- time payment for indirect travel costs: € 150 will be The strong.
- 1- time payment for logistical allowance: € 850 will be provided.
- Insurance, international travel and tuition fee will be provided.
- The maximum age for a master program scholarship is 35 (on 1st January 2019).
- Required study level and degree program:
Participants should have at least an academic bachelor degree in one of the following disciplines:
- behavioral sciences: psychology, sociology
- political and social sciences
- mathematical and statistical sciences
- economy, transport economy
- transport or traffic planning, urban planning or design, geography, (urban) architecture
- engineering: transport engineer, civil engineer
- Minimum grade obtained: Distinction
- Sufficient knowledge of the English language:
Sufficient knowledge of English is required and is to be certified by one of the below-mentioned tests. Native speakers or holders of a degree, obtained in the English language are exempt from these tests:
- a TOEFL-score report (paper-based: score 550 or more, computer-based: score 213 or more, internet base: score 79-80). Students who take in the test are required to indicate institution code 9005 so that the results are transmitted to Hasselt University directly.
- IELTS-certificate (min. overall band score 6.0). On the day of the test, Hasselt University can be selected as the institution to which the test result should be sent, with reference to the contact person of the program for which you wish to apply.
- passed another English test of similar level as TOEFL or IELTS.
- 1 year comprehensive English-based instruction at a university or recognized equivalent.
- Nationality and country of residence:
Be a national and resident of one of the below 31 countries:
- Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Guinea, Cameroon, Kenya, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Niger
- Asia: Cambodia, Philippines, Indonesia, Palestinian Territories, Vietnam
- Latin America: Bolivia, Cuba, Ecuador, Guatemala, Haiti, Nicaragua, Peru
- Fill in an online application form
- VLIR UOS scholarship application form
- Send hard copies of your application by post to this address:
attn. Ms. Leen Jorissen
Deadline: February 1, 2019https://youth-voice.com/icp-scholarship-program-2019-2020-belgium/https://i2.wp.com/youth-voice.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/sm.png?fit=770%2C402&ssl=1https://i2.wp.com/youth-voice.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/sm.png?resize=150%2C150&ssl=1ScholarshipsCall for Apply for the ICP Scholarship Program 2019-2020 in Belgium. The ICP “Master of Transportation Sciences – Road Safety in Low & Middle-Income Countries” offers a 2-year multidisciplinary master program with a unique focus and approach to Road Safety in Developing Countries. The program is supported by VLIR...Youth VoiceYouth Voiceinfo@youth-voice.comEditorYouth Voice